[clamav-users] Problem with freshclam updating daily-25380.cdiff

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Wed Mar 6 09:20:23 EST 2019

Pierre,

So you're saying it actually did finish after 3 hours, 15 minutes on its own?  That is good news for all of the automated systems, even if this is a potentially terrible bug.

I'm still investigating the cause, and asking our signature management team if they have any additional details.

Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

On 3/6/19, 9:06 AM, "clamav-users on behalf of Pierre Dehaen" <clamav-users-bounces at lists.clamav.net on behalf of dehaenp at drever.be> wrote:

    Here too: it took about 3 hours and 15 minutes to calm down (SPARC, Solaris 11,
    v0.100.0)... without noticiable error in freshclam.log.

    On 6 Mar 2019 at 6:27, J.R. via clamav-users wrote:

    > When crontab execs freshclam
    > CPU server goes to 100%
    > Hanged finishing Downloading daily-25380.cdiff [100%]

    Just checked my server and it happened to me too! A little after 5am
    central time.  :(