[clamav-users] Txt.Trojan.Kryptik-6887991-0 FOUND

Al Varnell alvarnell at mac.com
Wed Mar 13 00:15:44 EDT 2019

All I can add is some technical information about the signature. I have no idea what kind of infection it causes and on what platform.

The signature was added to the database by daily - 25386 earlier today as an .ldb. Looking for a single ascii string in any type of file:

> sigtool -fTxt.Trojan.Kryptik-6887991-0|sigtool --decode-sigs
> VIRUS NAME: Txt.Trojan.Kryptik-6887991-0
> TDB: Engine:51-255,FileSize:262144-1048576,Target:0
> LOGICAL EXPRESSION: 0
>  * SUBSIG ID 0
>  +-> OFFSET: ANY
>  +-> SIGMOD: NONE
>  +-> DECODED SUBSIGNATURE:

I added an extra space before the "E" in order that this message isn't found to be infected.

Another user said it appears to be associated with Google searches, but not when using Bing.

-Al-
ClamXAV User