[clamav-users] Scan very slow

Arnaud Jacques webmaster at securiteinfo.com
Mon Mar 18 10:07:38 EDT 2019

Jean-Michel,

Le 18/03/2019 à 14:55, Jean-Michel via clamav-users a écrit :
> Hello,
> Thanks for your feedback.
> Indeed, there are many elements in this file.
> It is surprising that the analysis is so long. I tested the file with 6
> other antivirus (paid), the analysis lasts less than one second.
That does not mean scanning is deep and detection is maximum :)

> Do you think that it is possible for example to limit the number "embedded
> items in this PDF file" in order to reduce the analysis time?

I think so. Please see --max-files option of clamscan (clamdscan has
same option in clamd.conf)
Maybe more usefull options using :
clamscan --help|grep max
I guess you can play with such options to optimize your scan.

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.44.39.76.46
E-mail : aj at securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom

Securiteinfo.com
La Sécurité Informatique - La Sécurité des Informations.
266, rue de Villers
60123 Bonneuil en Valois