[clamav-users] ClamAV on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Mon Mar 18 13:02:22 EDT 2019

Hi ellanios82,

How often do you update your signature database?  How often do you do a scan?
Did this slowdown just occur in the last few days, or last couple weeks?

I am curious if the slowdown occurred after daily-25380.cdiff (a database change that I am told removed many hash signatures from the database which would be detected by more efficient signatures), or if some change to bytecode signatures is causing much slower scans.  The message you reported "LibClamAV Warning: Bytecode 3 failed to run: Error during bytecode execution" isn't necessarily due to a bytecode timeout (which is more common), but indicates some sort of problem with a bytecode signature.  If you can identify what files cause this error, it would very helpful if we could analyze those files with the signature to see what is going wrong.

Thanks,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development