[clamav-users] Slow reload

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Mar 20 09:53:28 EDT 2019

On 3/20/2019 8:42 AM, Alessandro Vesely via clamav-users wrote:
> On Tue 19/Mar/2019 15:35:39 +0100 Bowie Bailey wrote:
>
>> ClamAV is taking about 2 1/2 minutes to reload its database on my mail server.  This
>> seems to frequently happen when we are sending an email, so the Thunderbird will time
>> out on the send (although the message will frequently go through anyway).
>
> The mail server should scan the message with the database at hand.  A forked child can do the filtering while the parent reloads.  Upon loading, the child exits and new messages will be scanned by the parent with the updated database.

That would be ideal, but it doesn't seem to be happening that way.  If I look at my
logs, I see "SelfCheck", then "Reading databases", and at that point all scanning
stops until the "Database correctly reloaded" message 2 1/2 minutes later.

Is there a setting somewhere to allow scanning to continue with the existing child
processes while the reload happens?

--
Bowie