[clamav-users] Slow reload

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Mar 20 16:52:49 EDT 2019

On 3/20/2019 3:53 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 3/20/2019 2:57 PM, Alessandro Vesely via clamav-users wrote:

>>> That would be ideal, but it doesn't seem to be happening that way.  If I look at my
>>> logs, I see "SelfCheck", then "Reading databases", and at that point all scanning
>>> stops until the "Database correctly reloaded" message 2 1/2 minutes later.
>> Are you using clamd directly (rather than libclamav)?  How is it connected to
>> the mail server?
>>

>>> Is there a setting somewhere to allow scanning to continue with the existing child
>>> processes while the reload happens?
>> It has to be coded inside the mail filter; avfilter for Courier works that way,
>> for one.
> I am running Courier.  I am currently calling clamd via pythonfilter.  I'll have to
> take a look at avfilter.

I'm trying to build avfilter, but it is complaining that it can't find libclamav.  I
have ClamAV 0.101.1 installed (built from source).  I was able to find libclamav.so
in /usr/local/lib64/.  Do I need to specify that directory somewhere, or am I missing
something else?  Do I need to do something special with ClamAV to get the dev stuff
installed for the build?

--
Bowie