[clamav-users] Slow reload

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 13:27:33 EDT 2019

Hi there,

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, J.R. wrote:

> > The simplest way to achieve this right now would probably be to use
> > two servers for scanning ...
>
> Or just have the mail server send a 'tempfail' and the remote mail
> server will retry sending usually within 10 minutes...

The OP specifically mentioned Thunderbird, not a remote mail server.
You often can't be sure what a mail client will do in this kind of
situation.  Especially when it's Thunderbird. :(

Agreed the tempfail would be fine most of the time, but some people do
seem to confuse email with Instant Messaging.  Just the other day, in
a discussion about email security, a guy grumbled about my greylisting
his mail for ten minutes!  I decided not to tell him that the default
greylist period here is a couple of hours, and just whitelisted him...

--

73,
Ged.