[clamav-users] Installing question

Micah Snyder (micasnyd) micasnyd at cisco.com
Wed Mar 27 11:45:25 EDT 2019

I agree with What J.R. said regarding "bigger issues". ClamAV and other anti-malware tools may help you detect malware before it runs on your machine, but it is not sufficient to get rid of it if your system has already been compromised.  It  would be safest to rescue your data offline and reinstalling your operating system from scratch.  Hopefully you have backups you can revert to, if a fresh reinstall isn't an option for you.  This is personal advice, and I take no responsibility for any data loss you may incur.  This mailing list is also not the best avenue for incident response advice.

For those wishing to use ClamAV, we do have step by step instructions to install ClamAV for a handful of operating systems using the materials we publish:

Windows - http://www.clamav.net/documents/installing-clamav-on-windows
Debian & Ubuntu - https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-debian-and-ubuntu-linux-distributions
Redhat & CentOS - https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-redhat-and-centos-linux-distributions
macOS - https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-macos-mac-os-x

Regards,
Micah

On 3/27/19, 9:37 AM, "clamav-users on behalf of J.R. via clamav-users" <clamav-users-bounces at lists.clamav.net on behalf of clamav-users at lists.clamav.net> wrote:

    > I am new here and I don't know how to use drush or command line. Can I
    > still install clamav? Is there an installation guide for absolute beginners
    > like me?

    What OS? Windows there is an exe that has a GUI. Linux distro's
    typically have their own packages which you would install through your
    OS's package manager.

    There's lots of guides out there, just have to google...

    > I have a virus on my server and I have no idea where to begin to get rid of
    > it. I have four sites, all are personal sites and all are drupal.

    If drupal got exploited, you are going to have bigger issues and
    probably more than what ClamAV will find.