[clamav-users] [Clamav-devel] ClamAV(R) blog: ClamAV 0.102.0 Release Candidate is now available

G.W. Haywood clamav at jubileegroup.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 10:22:49 EDT 2019

Hi there,

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 03.10.19 11:05, Dennis Peterson wrote:
>> Does this obsolete earlier versions of ClamAV?
>
> depending on what you exactly mean by obsoleting.
> older versions will work and will be supported for some time.
> but freshclam will warn about newer version available.
>
> if you have installed clamav via any OS/distribution, you usually can trust
> them to provide newer version soon.

In case it's of any interest:

For several weeks I ran a mix of three versions of clamd, from both
0.101.4, and 0.102rc side-by-side, all on the same machine, with no
problems (other than that obviously they're a little picky about
library versions).  They all used the same set of databases, updated
by a single freshclam instance.  A milter piped the mail to all three
clamd instances concurrently, and in this usage I saw no evidence of
any differences in their performance.

--

73,
Ged.