[clamav-users] [Clamav-devel] ClamAV(R) blog: ClamAV 0.102.0 Release Candidate is now available

J.R. themadbeaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 13:14:32 EDT 2019

> Franky Van Liedekerke
> I won't go into the discussion of supporting "old" libraries on "old OS's" again,
> but for enterprise users (RHEL 6/7, Centos, Ubuntu LTS, ...) this is a bit of a problem

> Micah Snyder:
> Perhaps there is something we can do to make it easier to statically link libcurl,
> specifically, with freshclam, clamsubmit, and clamonacc.

As I've said several times already, take a look at the EXISTING EL 6
RPM (and likely several fedora's)... You will discover that a newer
zlib is included and built statically (due to an existing bug with the
distro's version)...

https://download-ib01.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/SRPMS/Packages/c/clamav-0.100.3-1.el6.src.rpm

I haven't tested personally, but you *should* be able to do the exact
same thing with a newer version of CURL, as there is the clamav
configure option:  --with-libcurl[=DIR]

Build it, test it, submit the patches to bugzilla, and then you can
have your on-access scanner that is part of the official distro.

Otherwise, like I said before, it would be likely that the enterprise
versions will continue along the .100 / .101 branch and merely
back-port any security vulnerabilities like *most* packages on the
OS...