[clamav-users] Continuous increase of startup time (is daily.cld broken?)

Mark Fortescue mark.lists at thurning-instruments.co.uk
Thu Oct 10 13:22:12 EDT 2019

Hi,

You are forgetting things like embedded systems in hospitals that can't
reasonably be updated.

The NHS got stung by this with XP and Microsoft had to produce a post
EOL fix.

Outside of the computer industry, software and hardware move forward at
a snails pace. Many systems still use Windows 2K and DOS. Many systems
can't reasonably be updated as the company that made them no-longer
exists. The primary reason for change is that something breaks and the
equipment has to be scrapped not that the embedded software is not
supportable, 'out of date' and at risk from malicious software.

Regards
	Mark.