[clamav-users] Which .conf entry controls freshclam frequency?

Brian Fluet bf4peg at zoho.com
Mon Oct 14 16:43:56 EDT 2019

I'm running clamd in a windows environment to scan incoming email and
am trying to determine what controls the frequency that freshclam is
run (currently every 3 hrs according to its log).

In freshclam.conf the "Number of database checks per day" setting is
at the default of 12.

In clamd.conf I have set the "Perform a database check" to 3600 which
should be hourly (right?) although I don't know whether this has
anything to do with freshclam frequency.

Advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Brian Fluet