[clamav-users] Which .conf entry controls freshclam frequency?

Brian Fluet bf4peg at zoho.com
Mon Oct 14 20:26:20 EDT 2019

Al,

Thank you for the response.  You are correct that updates only appear
once per day.  I'm just trying to figure out what tells freshclam to
check for them every three hours.

Would someone please explain what these settings do?

"Perform a database check" in clamd.conf

"Number of database checks per day" in freshclam.conf

FWIW, I'm using the portable version of ClamAV in conjunction with a
Mercury mail server.  Mercury has a built-in daemon that uses clamd
to scan every incoming message.  I am now wondering if there is a
daemon configuration that is controlling the freshclam frequency.  I
will look into that.

Brian Fluet