[clamav-users] Stop clamdscan from stepping on itself?

Steve Basford steveb_clamav at sanesecurity.com
Fri Oct 18 15:48:17 EDT 2019

On 18 October 2019 16:19:23 Ian via clamav-users
<clamav-users at lists.clamav.net> wrote:

> This doesn't seem like a difficult problem for clamav to solve -- clamd is
> asked to scan the file system and it creates temp files to accomplish this
I know I'm mainly a win user... So sorry in advance... but if you created a
Linux ram drive... Pointed clamav temp files to the ram drive... Would that
get around the issue...

https://www.linuxbabe.com/command-line/create-ramdisk-linux/amp

Clamd.conf...

# Optional path to the global temporary directory.

   77 # Default: system specific (usually /tmp or /var/tmp).
   78 #TemporaryDirectory /var/tmp

So when clamav scans ... its temporary files are in the ram disc.

Steve
Twitter: @sanesecurity