[clamav-users] Multiple Clam Daemons on a single system

Ashish Poddar apoddar573 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:08:15 EST 2020

Hi all,

We have a situation where we run a clamav daemon to scan files on a system.
However, in the process, we only use about 10% CPU in the system. We would
naturally like to increase this number. We were thus trying to come up with
a way to scan multiple files in parallel on the same system. Is there a way
we can spawn multiple clam daemons to do this?

I am aware of the multiscan mode in clamdscan but I want each scan to be a
separate process so as to not increase the overall scan time of any one
file. Is there a way to do this? Or are there any other alternatives to
tackle this situation?

This is my first time posting to this mailing list. I apologize if I made
any violations while using the mailing list. Thanks for you cooperation.

-
Ashish Poddar