[clamav-users] Cannot install Clam AV on Ubuntu 16.04

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 27 08:40:06 EDT 2020

On 26.03.20 22:47, Cheney, James via clamav-users wrote:
>We have been successfully installing Clam AV on Centos instances in our environment.
>
>We ran into a problem when we try to install on Ubuntu. We are using these
> <https://www.clamav.net/documents/installation-on-debian-and-ubuntu-linux-distributions>
> instructions and are able to get developer tools and library dependencies
> installed.  When I try to install the unit testing dependencies, I get the
> following error
>
>sudo: unable to resolve host <hostname>: Connection timed out

>Then we run sudo apt-get install check and get this error
>
>sudo: unable to resolve host <hostname>: Connection timed out

the host <hostname> from which you try to download packages is unreachable.
Since you have hidden the real hostname, I assume that you have been using
private package mirror which is unavailable.

you should configure working host in your /etc/apt/sources.list, usually
something like:

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial main restricted

and re-run apt-get