[clamav-users] Scanning emails

Ralph Seichter abbot at monksofcool.net
Sun Mar 29 11:13:36 EDT 2020

* Matus UHLAR:

> clamav-milter can plug clamav to sendmail or postfix and clamd can
> scan attachments directly, amavis is not really needed.

Setting up Amavis with an MTA is no more complicated that setting up
clamav-milter. However, as you know, Amavis allows adding additional
virus scanner or filters like SpamAssassin to the mix very easily.

None of my customers was ever satisfied with a virus scanner alone, once
they began to take email protection seriously. That is why I personally
recommend Amavis in good conscience. Also, I am a member of the Amavis
developer team. ;-)

-Ralph