[clamav-users] Scanning emails

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 14:32:44 EDT 2020

> milter runs as pre-queue, so I can reject spam without caring about bounces
> or dropping mail.
>
> This can be a downside if your customers expect quick response from mail
> server and complain.

sure.

i reject outright pre-queue, with a select set of filters, mostly just headers, and quarantine post-queue based on message content.

i was just curious as to why the choice of spamass-milter, instead of another solution that does the same.

> The latter is case for post-queue solutions.

spampd supposedly can be used as both pre- & post-queue.